Covid-19 Safety Precautions
Until further notice, the administration of the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies will be conducted remotely.
Communications with the department during working hours (Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- General questions and questions about who to contact and their contact details: Telephone 919-515-3214 or send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student affairs: Send a message to Ms. Joanna King, Student Services Associate (email@example.com)
- Administration, finance and general department affairs: Send a message to one of the following:
- Advising: Send a message to Dr. Catherine Driscoll, Director of Undergraduate Advising (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Students’ questions: Questions about a course should be sent by email to the instructor; questions about your progress to degree should be sent by email to your academic adviser. For faculty email addresses see Philosophy Faculty or Religious Studies Faculty.
- For further contact information, see Department Administration.
At MIT, the humanities are just as important as STEM
What We Offer
NC State’s Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies offers an undergraduate major in Philosophy (B.A. and B.S., with a selection of concentrations), an undergraduate major in Religious Studies (B.A.) and undergraduate minors in the following fields: Philosophy; Religious Studies; Cognitive Science; Ethics; Health, Medicine and Human Values; Logic and Methodology.
We also offer several graduate-level courses in Philosophy, Religious Studies, and Logic plus a graduate minor in Cognitive Science.
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, no events are currently scheduled.
News More stories
Philosophy Club Featured on National Association Newsblog
The NC State Philosophy Club has been featured in an article on the newsblog of the American Philosophical Association.
New Faculty in Religious Studies
The religious studies program at NC State has been strengthened by the appointment of two new scholars to its faculty in Fall 2020.