Covid-19 Safety Precautions
Remote communications with the department during working hours (Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
- General questions and questions about who to contact and their contact details: Telephone 919-515-3214 or send an email message to email@example.com
- Student affairs: Send a message to Ms. Joanna King, Student Services Associate (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Administration, finance and general department affairs: Send a message to one of the following:
- Advising: Send a message to Dr. Catherine Driscoll, Director of Undergraduate Advising (email@example.com)
- Students’ questions: Questions about a course should be sent by email to the instructor; questions about your progress to degree should be sent by email to your academic adviser. For faculty email addresses see Philosophy Faculty or Religious Studies Faculty.
What We Offer
NC State’s Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies offers an undergraduate major in Philosophy (B.A. and B.S., with a selection of concentrations), an undergraduate major in Religious Studies (B.A.) and undergraduate minors in the following fields: Philosophy; Religious Studies; Cognitive Science; Ethics; Health, Medicine and Human Values; Logic and Methodology.
We also offer several graduate-level courses in Philosophy, Religious Studies, and Logic plus a graduate minor in Cognitive Science.
New course in Data Ethics coming in first summer session
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, no face-to-face events are currently scheduled.
News More stories
Barbara Levenbook Retires
The Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies held a virtual event on the afternoon of April 30 to honor Barbara Levenbook on the occasion of her retirement and celebrate her 41-year academic career at NC State.