Covid-19 Safety Precautions
Until further notice, the administration of the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies will be conducted remotely.
Communications with the department during working hours (Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- General questions and questions about who to contact and their contact details: Telephone 919-515-3214 or send an email message to email@example.com
- Student affairs: Send a message to Ms. Joanna King, Student Services Associate (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Administration, finance and general department affairs: Send a message to one of the following:
- Advising: Send a message to Dr. Catherine Driscoll, Director of Undergraduate Advising (email@example.com)
- Students’ questions: Questions about a course should be sent by email to the instructor; questions about your progress to degree should be sent by email to your academic adviser. For faculty email addresses see Philosophy Faculty or Religious Studies Faculty.
- For further contact information, see Department Administration.
What We Offer
NC State’s Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies offers an undergraduate major in Philosophy (B.A. and B.S., with a selection of concentrations), an undergraduate major in Religious Studies (B.A.) and undergraduate minors in the following fields: Philosophy; Religious Studies; Cognitive Science; Ethics; Health, Medicine and Human Values; Logic and Methodology.
We also offer several graduate-level courses in Philosophy, Religious Studies, and Logic plus a graduate minor in Cognitive Science.
New course in Data Ethics coming in first summer session
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, no face-to-face events are currently scheduled.
News More stories
Top Seniors Win Prizes
The Department recognized the academic achievements of its top seniors at a virtual Student Awards Celebration on March 12.